The Research Data Coordinator will serve on a projects which aims to implement a cell phone-based smoking cessation intervention targeting North East Texas-area communities. Assist with project tasks and activities at M. D. Anderson and participating sites as directed. This includes screening, enrollment, assessment, and tracking of participants referred and enrolled in a smoking cessation project targeting low-income individuals in the Tobacco Free North East Texas (TNET) project.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES: Enrollment and Patient Education:
* Schedule, assess and enroll patients from various participating sites.
* Conduct phone enrollment of patients and coordinate all patient registration activities in English (or Spanish, if needed)
* Conduct follow-up support calls and other correspondence with patients in English (or Spanish, if needed).
* Implementation of the text cessation intervention by activating text messaging feature using the automated system for TNET.
* Conduct smoking cessation counseling sessions in English (or Spanish, if needed).
* Communicate with video conferencing using computer and phone, e.g. Zoom or WebEx for work and team meetings.
* Maintain supplies, project documents, NRT patches and services required to implement the smoking cessation services.
* Participate in weekly meetings to evaluate and develop the maintenance of project activities, and to improve services. Participate in identifying needed procedural changes, defining enrollment and engagement strategies.
* Help organize presentation materials and conduct community presentations to keep major stakeholders engaged.
* Create and maintain project guide, detailing the moving parts of the interventions, maintaining the database and tracking spreadsheets, and all other program related procedures.
* Help organize data through the referral sources and in the databases for funding reports, presentations and conferences.
* If relevant, travel to service sites to disseminate services, including patient screening/enrollment, administration of brief quit advice, and distribution and education of nicotine replacement therapy.
* Input, and maintain program paperwork and patient information in appropriate databases.
Other Duties Assigned :
* Assist investigators and project staff with other related tasks as needed.
Provide service to our stakeholders, including patients, caregivers, colleagues and each other, in a safe, courteous, accountable, efficient and innovative manner to include:
* Promoting inclusiveness and collegiality that demonstrates respect and professionalism to our stakeholders at all times
* Modeling safe, ethical behavior that mitigates risk to the institution through sound business practices, and adherence to MD Anderson's Standards of Conduct, institutional policies and procedures
* Responding to requests in a timely manner while proactively communicating expectations for procedures, service arrival, or project deliverables to stakeholders
* Using the steps to HEAL (Hear, Empathize, Address and Learn) the relationship when service recovery is needed.
* Builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the products and services offered by the organization through skills demonstrated in communication, personalization of interaction, regulation of emotions, and proactive problem solving.
Performance Statement Examples:
* Presents a cheerful, positive manner with customers either on the phone or in person. Shows interest in, actively listens to and responds in a clear and timely manner to customer's expressed needs.
* Focuses on the customer's results, rather than own. Goes beyond basic service expectations to help customers implement complete solutions through personalized service that anticipates the customer's unspoken needs.
* Delivers services when and where the customer needs them. Explores options when unable to deliver a requested product or service, and pursues solutions until the customer is satisfied by addressing the root cause of the issue. Problem solves with patient, family member, care giver or clinical team to aid in proactively resolving issues and concerns.
* Provides to customers status reports and progress updates. Seeks customer feedback and ensures needs have been fully met.
* Talks to customers (internal and external) with a pleasant tone to find out what they need and how satisfied they are with the service. Remains in control of own reactions and responds in a manner that demonstrates appropriate nonverbal cues and complements the customer's emotions in the situation. Recognizes when its is necessary to escalate situations to leadership to ensure customer satisfaction.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree.
Required: Two years of related experience. With preferred degree, no experience required.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 135737
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 33,200
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 41,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 49,800
- Science Jobs: No